When grief becomes a concern, or someone is having difficulty with grief, we recommend that you seek advice from a health professional such as your General Practitioner (GP). Your GP can organise a Mental Health Care Plan to help you access Medicare-rebated counselling support in your local community.
- Anglicare SA – Loss and Grief Camps
Gives information about loss and grief camps for children aged 5-12 and 13-17 years.
- Compassionate Friends, SA
The Compassionate Friends, SA (TCF SA) is a support group for parents who have experienced the death of a child. Monthly support groups and other social activities are run to help parents deal with the loss of their child and support them to try to find meaning in their life again and resolve their grief in a positive way.
- 'Grief and loss' (Child and Youth Health web site – Parenting and Child Health,
Women's and Children's Health Network).
Child-friendly information about grief and loss, which includes child development stages of understanding and expressions of grief.
- Palliative Care South Australia
The website for the palliative care peak body and advocate for all South Australians.
- Sands South Australia
Miscarriage, stillbirth and newborn death support.
- Childhood Cancer Association Inc.
Information about childhood grief and loss and bereavement support services.
Comprehensive information that includes grief reactions in different cultures.
- 'Bereavement' (Royal Children's Hospital Melbourne)
A comprehensive site for professionals.
- Pregnancy Loss Australia (formerly known as Teddy Love Club)
- Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement
- National Centre for Childhood Grief
Well written and comprehensive site for parents and children.
- NALAG Centre for Loss and Grief
A NSW-based grief and loss support website.
- Journeys – Palliative care for children and teenagers (Palliative Care Australia)
We suggest looking at the Information and support services matrix found within the 'Resources' section of Journeys – it can be found here:
- SIDS and Kids
Includes information and access to bereavement support for parents, and children up to the age of 6 years.
- Multicultural Health